Thursday, 30 January 2014

He knows me too well...it's SCARY!

When I woke up today I read a comment on Proverbs 26:20 [Where there is no wood, the fire goes out; And where there is no talebearer, strife ceases] which said "Here is a remedy for gossip, when you feel like talking about someone, go ahead, talk about them, just make sure your only audience is God, yes, talk about them only to God in prayer, for only He can help them with whatever you wanted to talk about!" I was touched by these words and prayed that The Lord will help me apply them in my life. 

As the day progressed, a friend texted telling me of her current family 'situation' (for lack of a better word) and she asked me not to tell anyone. Pre-reading the verse and comment, I would have probably ran to our family helper and told her everything then that would be the topic for the day. But I thank God for reminding me of the prayer I made in the morning. Instead of 'sympathizing' with my friend by telling another person, I whispered a word to our Father above. 

Moral of the story: morning devotions are more than necessary, they prepare us to overcome our daily challenges and/or weaknesses. I am humbled by the fact that God knows every detail of our lives and His ONLY aim is to help us reach the level of perfection like that of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 

2 comments:

  1. Such inspiring words!
    And so nice to meet you!
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kath! Double blessings to you too...x

      Delete