Sunday, 19 January 2014

A call to just trust Him!

How many times have you asked or even cried out to God, "What do You want me to do?" If you just show me, I will do it.

I lost count of the number of times I spoke to God in this way in the past weeks. Despite my pleading He did not give me a specific answer but He made me realize my error.

As Christians, we often end our prayers with "...above all may Your will be done in my life." We know that God has a plan for our lives and we know that He is in control but we begin pushing Him into revealing His plans to us Now - not according to His good and perfect timing.

I was led to John 6:28-29 which says 'Then they said unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God. Jesus answered and said unto them, this is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.'

These words hit me left, right and center, I realized that I have to stop striving and simply trust in God and His perfect timing. I came to understand that God doesn't want me to work for Him. He wants me to be faithful, to be content and to have a serving heart.

The Bible is indeed a love letter from God to us. Every time you read and understand it, you are assured of PEACE which only comes from above. It's precious truths will always set us free, if only we can see them and put them into practice. 

My prayer is for The Lord to help us live in the present and never to worry about the future, even the nearest future.




No comments:

Post a Comment