Monday, 13 January 2014

Proverbs 31...in training!

It is my hope to someday be a wife and mother therefore I am striving to become a "Proverbs 31" woman. I am so blessed to have a Mom who sets that biblical example for me and a Dad who encourages and helps along the way and of course my friends who are always there to stop me from doing anything silly. So I just decided to share a brief story of my life, it might act as an encouragement to some of you, or a moment of realisation or just a reminder.  


During my early teenage years I made a commitment to remain physically, emotionally, and spiritually pure not only for my future husband, but for my parents and most importantly for my Lord Jesus Christ.  As I went through High School I always knew I would never have a "boyfriend".  Rather, I would wait until the season of my life when I was ready to be married before any kind of relationship would ever begin. Nevertheless, as I grew older seeing others in 'decent' relationships which appeared 'fun', I decided to experiment and taste the waters of life. This didn't work out well for me and like the saying goes ''experience is the best teacher'', I had to learn the hard way. It was at that time that I made the commitment to steadfastly pray for my future husband, with the realization that God intends for a prospective wife of noble character to bring her husband good, not harm, all the days of her life. (Proverbs 31:12)  Since then I have remained content in fulfilling the callings God has placed on my life by serving my family at home.  I came to understand that if ever it is the Lord's will for me to someday marry, then He alone would be responsible for writing my love story. This is something I am determined to leave in His hands in order to avoid fantasizing over 'every Godly guy' that comes my way and to make sure that my love is not awakened until it is so desired (Songs of Solomon 2:7). In other words, it's been my prayer that the Lord would keep my heart guarded and that He would prevent me from ever prematurely romanticizing in any kind of way...And that prayer still stands ;-)


A note to my fellow sisters:


Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you:
do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires."
Song of Solomon 8:4

1 comment:

  1. Yep. Like Daniel purposed in his heart..That's how it worked for me and it trul saves you from much heartache and from many 'frogs' too;-)

    ReplyDelete