Tuesday, 14 January 2014

The Lord Always Prepares Us...

One of my morning devotions last week reminded me to trust in The Lord always, never to lean on my own understanding, to always acknowledge The Lord then He will definitely direct my path.

Last Sabbath the children's story was based on Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." The lesson to the kids was that; no matter how bad a situation or circumstance may appear to our human eye, we should always "PRAISE The Lord because it could have been worse."

These messages both came to me at a time when I was awaiting my Postgrad Application response from UCT. I had a very strong feeling that The Lord was trying to communicate something to me, but because I highly expected a positive response I chose to ignore. I looked back at how The Lord had carried me through my undergrad years all the way to graduation and I thought why wouldn't He grant my wish this time. The more I tried to fight The Lord in my prayers and fast, He kept reminding me of Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord..."

When I finally received my response from UCT, I was saddened by the fact that my application was 1% away from making it. However before I could cry and whine about it, a quick thought was impressed upon my mind and that was; "PRAISE The Lord because it could have been worse."

I was also reminded of Isaiah 46:9-10 "Remember the former things of old: for I am God and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure"

Moral of the story: When we pray to the Lord, we may present our petitions before him but we MUST always pray for His will, above ALL, to be done in our lives. We may not know why things are happening a certain way today but once Jesus is done with us, we will come out with our faith stronger than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment