Friday, 24 January 2014

Why worry when you can PRAY?

Is a question I wish I could answer right NOW! I am one person that is always there to bear other people's burdens, to motivate others, to quote scripture and encourage people not to worry because worrying does more harm than good. I never understood why people would dare to worry when the bible clearly says "Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?... Take therefore no thought for tomorrow: for tomorrow shall take thought for the things of itself..." ( Matthew 6:27,34).

I admit, I completely failed when it came to applying the same words into my own life. Personal experience has taught me that WORRY is your greatest enemy. In the past week it attacked me so much that, I developed sudden, eating disorders, sleeping disorders, inability to do much except sit on the screen all day, I lost interest in everything expect worrying, I developed a short temper and was throwing tantrums at everyone.

After such an experience I was humbled by the following words from Don Moen's song;

HE NEVER SLEEPS

When you've prayed every prayer that you know how to pray. 

Just remember the Lord will hear and the answer is on it's way. 

Our God is able. 
He is mighty. 
He is faithful. 

And He never sleeps, He never slumbers. 
He never tires of hearing our prayer. 
When we are weak He becomes stronger. 
So rest in His love and cast all of your cares on Him. 

Do you feel that the Lord has forgotten your need. 
Just remember that God is always working in ways you cannot see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment