Thursday, 16 January 2014

With a Smile...

In life I have realized that there are always those people who call, text, whatsapp or email you ONLY when they need something from you. When the phone rings indicating their name, I am always tempted to answer the call saying "Yes, what is it this time?" Or when they text, going round in circles asking me how I am doing, how school is, I wish I could just ask them to go straight to the point.

In my past life I would get so annoyed and instead of actually helping I would try show them that no one takes advantage of me. After learning of the wondrous cross and what Jesus had to go through, I was humbled to give more, love more, expect less from people, help anyone to the best of my abilities without question and smile always.

Moral of the story: Its easier to love those who love us already, the challenge comes in when we have to love those who are difficult to love. Jesus commanded us to love one another as He has loved us, by this people will know that you are a follower of Christ - John 13:34-35 (paraphrased). It may hurt to know that certain people see you as a punching bag, an ATM, a burden bearer but NOTHING can be worse than what Jesus went through. Solution is to confront every situation with a smile and The Lord will surely bless you.

2 comments:

  1. This is good stuff hey. Tell them what's what Besty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaw besty!!!!!! Thanks for visiting...x

      Delete