Friday, 28 February 2014

The Next BEST Thing!

The best part of life is when family understands you like a friend and when friends support you like family.

I met her two years ago in a very boring Philosophy lecture, at that point I never thought we would end up as close as we are now. I would occasionally ask her to sign the register for me whenever I felt like not spending my precious 45 minutes debating whether or not God was real. 
I can't recall when and how the true friendship begun cause I remember after that semester course we were doing together we grew apart and hardly ever spoke.

Now as I look back, I can't help but only thank God for bringing our worlds together. Though we have our ups and downs, though we sometimes get on each other's necks, though we sometimes get moody and annoy each other, God always has a way to help us forget the bad, understand each other's weaknesses, focus on the good and this has helped us strength each other and our friendship as well.

Recently we have had people asking if we are family, sisters or even twins. At first we thought maybe it was because people always see us together so its justifiable to think that we are family. But now its not only people who know us that ask, random people in shops or we meet on the road stop and ask if we are sisters or twins. We are almost always tempted to say 'Yes, we are' but realizing that, that will be a lie, we resorted to adding 'in Christ.'

When destiny forgets to tie some people in blood relations, it corrects it's mistake by making them true friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment