Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Ask Him, He will do it!

A few days back I read about Jesus' prayer life. I was reminded of how he would pray early in the morning and late at night. With the way I value my sleep, I never saw myself waking up at 2am to do my devotion and pray. I just settled for my usual 7am or 6am on a good day and I never bothered to ask God to help me rise up early.

Today I woke up just after 2am, not to do my devotion but because I was very thirsty and needed something to drink. I couldn't sleep afterwards so I found myself reading Isaiah 50 (beautiful chapter) and what stood out for me were verses 4 and 5 which say "The Lord has given me a tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary. He awakens me morning by morning, He awakens my ear to hear as the learned. The Lord God has opened my ear; and I was not rebellious, nor did I turn away." These words and my experience this morning, have assured me that, though we might not ask of God somethings, He will find a way to reveal His will to us and guarantee us VICTORY if we heed to His calling.

My challenge to everyone, myself included, is to sincerely ask God to wake us up every morning, like Jesus did, to spend time with Him. We need this precious time "to think, to pray, to wait upon God for the renewal of physical, mental and spiritual power... Not a pause in His presence BUT personal contact with Christ." ~ {Education, 261}

No comments:

Post a Comment