Tuesday, 8 April 2014

The First Bible Study I Conducted

Today I conducted my first bible study *yay* usually I am that girl that just sits there and observes then comments or adds when need arises. My joy is filled, words can not explain how I am feeling right now. I am thankful to The Lord for allowing me the privilege to be a co-laborer in His vineyard. The words of Isaiah 61:10 "I delight greatly in The Lord; my soul shall be joyful in my God..." Have become a living testimony in my life.

Highlights from the study: the topic of study was the Sabbath, the aim for the study was to find out when the biblical Sabbath is, on which day of the week, where the Sabbath came from, why we need to keep the Sabbath and how we keep the Sabbath. Then other questions which arose during the course of the study were; where from the bible is it written that the seventh day is on a Saturday, why are there so many churches that worship on Sunday, what is considered as work when it comes to keeping the Sabbath and lastly do we even have to go to church, can't we just pray in our rooms or sleep on Sabbath.

It was a super interesting and informative study. The lessons I got from the study are that; we need to be able to defend our beliefs, be ready to give a reason why we keep the Sabbath and YES! know your HISTORY!!! When the brother asked how we know that the seventh day is on a Saturday or why there are so many churches that worship on Sunday, I could easily have answered them, but because I thought history was not necessary I did not have the facts on my finger tips. Another thing, encourage the person you are studying with to take down notes and verses from the study so that they can re-visit the lessons learnt. A BONUS engage the person you are studying with, ask them to read the verses, have a recap on regular intervals to ensure you are still together, and also allow them to ask questions.

Prayer Request: please may you pray for this brother, he has accepted the fact that The Lord requires us to keep His commandments and that the Sabbath commandment is equally as important, but he just wants The Lord to reveal to him that the biblical Sabbath, the seventh day referred in scriptures is on Saturday.

 True joy only comes from doing the work of The Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment