Thursday, 8 May 2014

Joy and Consolation

... In seeking the Lord!

I thought this to be a lil weird but hey, The Lord has unique ways of letting His will known to His seeking souls. Firstly, I woke up reciting 2 Timothy 3:1 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come." Secondly, this just had to be at 2am. The weirdest combination ever! Oh and thirdly, I couldn't go back to sleep afterwards so I found myself doing my devotion. 

As I wondered what that verse had to do with my seeking of the Lord's will in my life, another verse popped up on my screen: "How sweet are thy words to my taste, yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" ~ Psalm 119:103. Following the verse was this quotation: "God has given us His word as a lamp to our feet and light to our path. It's teachings have a vital bearing on our prosperity in ALL relations of life. Even in our temporal affairs it will be a wiser guide than any other counselor..." ~ In Heavenly Places 135.2.

A thought then came to mind that; though I might have a passion for biblical womanhood, homemaking, caring for children, cooking and baking (ref: Titus 2), all that has been labelled as not being good enough. Contrary to those roles, women are expected to actually do something with their lives, they now have to go out and do what men do in the workforce, going through life as strong leaders who get their way and embark on their own paths. In other words that simply implies that, God's design, God's way is now regarded as unacceptable. Hence shading more light on why the Lord impressed 2 Timothy 3:1, indeed men are now lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God. Lord have mercy on us! 

Question: Can we ever find a surer guide than our Lord Jesus?

Moral of the story: "True religion is embodied in the Word of God and consists in being under the guidance of the Holy One in thought, word, and deed. He who is the way, the truth, and the life takes the humble, earnest, wholehearted seeker and says, Follow Me. He leads him in the narrow way to holiness and heaven. Christ has opened this way for us at great cost to Himself. We are not left to stumble our way along in darkness. Jesus is at our right hand, proclaiming, I am the way. And all who decide to follow the Lord fully will be led in the royal path, yea more, the divine path cast up for the ransomed of the Lord to walk in." ~ In Heavenly Places 142.3


No comments:

Post a Comment