Monday, 12 May 2014

To The Dying Church: Maybe Death is a Blessing

Growing up the thought of death was a complete nightmare. I never understood why God would put many wonderful people in my life only to allow them to die. I hated death with a PASSION!

I never knew what to say or do when watching someone you love, who helped raise you, who cared for you, who partially defined who you would be; perish before your eyes. If I could, I would have disappeared into thin air at that moment.

Death sucked!!! to say the least.

Now when looking at the condition of God's church today, death, YES! dying,  is something I really, truly and deeply consider necessary. As I watch her on her deathbed, though my heart is saddened, I must admit, I can't wait to see what she will become on the other side.


Though it might seem as if all hope is lost; I thank God through Jesus, death will not have the final word. How perfectly upside-down is our God to show us exactly how ALIVE He is through a DYING church.

Maybe this kind of death is a BLESSING after all. How very God-like of God to make death the beginning of a blessing.

Moral of the story: "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." ~ Ephesians 6:12-13.


No comments:

Post a Comment