Tuesday, 17 June 2014

He finally popped the question!

Before your dear mind wanders and races to assume what this post is about, please hold that thought until you have read till the end of the post. Remember Philippians 4:8 says "...whatsoever things are TRUE...think on these things."

Anyway as the title of this post alludes, Mr *Only God Knows Who He Is* finally popped the question. The one that leads to courtship, I'm not sure if it's called 'popping the question' though. Nonetheless, imagine the joy in my heart, the smiles on our faces, and all we did at that moment was smile and held hands, still maintaining a considerable distance between us (room more than enough for the Holy Spirit). Then sadly I woke up before I could say anything, but I am very sure it was going to be a YES! *still smiling*

I have been having these 'random' (for lack of a better word) dreams since I got the conviction to start praying for my future hubby last year (2013). Shockingly enough it always appears to be the same person. The most surprising thing is, when I had stopped praying for him, sometime this year, the dreams about him also vanished. Then when I resumed this month (June 2014), lo and behold, I just got another one of those dreams, a much more exciting one this time around.

When I woke up at 11:15pm, the first question that came to my mind was "Lord is this really from you?" Then immediately I was reminded of a 'how I knew he was my husband' story/experience that my very own sister went through (YES! you sis Thandi, I'm expecting a comment on the post as soon as you see this...lol). The Lord 'hinted' to her through dreams. Now the question in this not very naive young lady's mind remains, "Lord is this really from you?"

Whether or not I know who the person is, will remain a mystery but WATCH THE SPACE for more UPDATES as the Lord answers or reveals more light on my question. 

Side-note: If you ever wondered why I love my sleep so much, this is why - the Lord mostly speaks to me this way (not only about future hubby) but about anything, including some of my convictions, decisions I have to make etc. Of course this happens after a season of prayer of seeking the Lord's will and guidance. 

[Disclaimer: this is not to say or imply that I am now a prophet or a fortune teller, that sees things before they happen.]

#TestimonyInProgress!


6 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha. You're INSANE!!! You're totally nuts! And it's a good thing you sent me the email cos I've been so busy that I haven't read blogs lately! Hmm, I look forward to finding out one day who this mystery 'intended' is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha... Life as Nontie - A Journey of FAITH. The name of the blog says it all and FAITH happens to be 'the substance of things HOPED for' and 'the EVIDENCE of things NOT seen.' I'm truly going nuts! But in The Lord - Alleluia!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Haha! Your post is funny in a way BUT, I understand about God revealing stuff to us through dreams. Just keep praying and asking Him is it is from Him. He will give you a spirit of discernment.
    God bless,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha funny and random but SERIOUS! What a combination! Anyway thanks Chris.

      Double blessings...x

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, explains why you are so much in love with sleeping..And I hope when you will **finally** have dreams about your wedding, I will be there as well as the flower girl. LOL, but I am actually serious though_ I must be one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha... Trust me my wedding has already been planned, so no need to have dreams about that (I even know which song is going to be playing when I walk down the aisle)...But the flower girl part yeah maybe I have to get a dream about that one...LOL

      Delete