Monday, 16 June 2014

Musings of a Confused Girl

I got a war in my mind.
My feelings confuse me.
My head says, "who cares" but my heart whispers "you do."
I know exactly what not to do BUT that's what I feel like doing.
My life is very simple yet I insist on making it complicated.
The problem is, I think too much!
I want 'now now' answers to my prayers.

Just when I think I am there, the Lord shows me yet another weakness.
He magnifies my imperfections to get me out of my comfort zone.
The next step always feels like starting from zero.
It always appears as though no progress is being made.
Sometimes I think being Christian is the hardest thing.
It's a constant battle in the mind.
A battle against self. 

Whatever it will take, I am going to fight the good fight.
I will endure until the end.
I know it will not be easy but definitely worth it.
I have heaven in my heart and can't miss it for anything.
I can't wait for that glorious day of reunion.
When Jesus will pronounce the words "Well done thou good and faithful servant...enter now into the joy of the Lord."
What a day that will be!


"Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love.  
Here is my heart!
Take and seal it, seal it for the courts above!"

#MidNightPrayer!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking this up to the Art of Home-Making Mondays. Following Him was never promised to be easy, we are to pick up that cross, but He will help us carry it! Oh, Sweet Victory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Oh how warm it feels when you know you are fighting an already won war - Victory in Jesus!

      Thanks for such sweet words!

      Delete