Thursday, 26 June 2014

Musings of a Maiden!

There is a man out there! Yes, ONE! gentleman, and chances are, I have never met him (or maybe I have). I have been praying for him night and day, for sometime now. I realise he could be drowning in the big ocean of secular corruption and attempting to live godly in a society that is NOT God affirming. He could be surrounded by women who appear to be 'THE ONE' but he is at risk of severe heart breaks. He has the challenge of honoring God and his parents while emerging into manhood. I wish I could physically be there to pull him up when he falls, to encourage him when he stumbles, but I can only pray for him.

My heart warms up when I pray for him. I have the assurance that God will take care of my worries. His family, friends and circle of influence enter my prayers daily. I understand their influence will have an impact on the man he will become. 

His parents have a special place in my heart. I hope they have taught him to respect, protect and provide for his future wife and family. I hope his father (or father-figure) taught him to be a man and to love a woman. I trust that he is growing in statue and in wisdom, in favour with God and men, while he rests at the feet of Jesus. 

My prayer daily is for The Lord to work the same reforms in him that he is working with me. I am not perfect neither do I expect him to be perfect but our Christian faith entails that we should be striving for perfection. I know I sometimes stumble and fall, but I pray he has extraordinary strength. 

I wish I could do more for him, I wish I could be there for him, I wish I could share in his joys and sorrows. I wish, I wish, I wish BUT I can only PRAY for him. To my fellow single sisters:


"Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Thy faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should HOPE and wait QUIETLY for the salvation of the Lord."
(Lamentation 3:22-26)


1 comment:

  1. Aww very encouraging! Seems like we're on the same track!

    ReplyDelete