From the very onset, the writer wants to make it clear that this is not an attempt to promote women ordination or other such kindred errors. Rather, this compilation springs from a realization of the supposed lack of interest among a significant number of ladies within Adventism, with respect to religious things; and particularly, a lack of interest in the prophetic themes of the Word of God which have been given for both young and old to become wise unto salvation. This compilation serves as an encouragement to the ladies in the church, both young and old, that the Lord does acknowledge you, and would have you reach a high standard and do a mighty work, if you will to take the place set for you in the order of God.
Exodus 15:20-21 "And Miriam the PROPHETESS, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances. And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. Mic 6:4 For I brought thee up out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of servants; and I sent before thee Moses, Aaron, and MIRIAM."
1. Miriam, a woman, was set as a prophetess by the Lord. She worked for the Lord, she prophesied, she taught within her proper sphere. This is a demonstration that ladies need not be indifferent with regards to religion, even if society may be tending in that direction.
2 Kings 22:14 "So Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam, and Achbor, and Shaphan, and Asahiah, went unto Huldah the PROPHETESS, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college;) and they communed with her."
2. Another example of a woman of God was Huldah, who have instructions to God's people in Judah. She was intricately connected to the educational work in Israel, and she worked to preserve the Lord's standard of dress being a keeper (or guardian ) of the wardrobe in Jerusalem. So may the ladies in this generation work to promote and uphold the blueprint of true education from the Word of God, and principles of modesty from the same. It is possible now, as it was then for young and old to break the infatuating spell of fashion, and adhere to principles of simplicity which characterize true women of Christ in reflection of their Savior (see: 2 Corinthians 11:2, 3).
Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions"
3. Even ladies are promised to receive the Holy Spirit, and they too can be enabled to prophesy - to understand prophetic themes, contrary to the idea that seems to be pervading the church, that prophecy is only for men. But no justification for this premise finds place in the inspired Word of God.
Act 9:36 "Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this WOMAN was FULL OF GOOD WORKS and almsdeeds which she did."
4. Here's an example of a lady who was full of good works - she exhibited the character of Christ. At times, ladies may feel it is too great a burden, or an impossibility to live out God's ideal of womanhood, but child like faith in examples as such set by Dorcas would prove otherwise to a willing individual.
Proverbs 31:1 "The words of king Lemuel, the PROPHECY THAT HIS MOTHER TAUGHT HIM."
5. Women are used by God to teach the prophetic word as well. It may not be on the sacred desk, but the Word shows that teaching need not be limited to the pulpit. The work of evangelism does not end with church presentations, rather, the greater work lies in the homes, with the employment of other lines of the work such as Medical Missionary work, publishing, true education, and present truth Bible studies.
1 Timothy 4:12 "LET NO MAN DESPISE THY YOUTH; but be thou AN EXAMPLE of the believers, IN WORD IN CONVERSATION, IN CHARITY, IN SPIRIT, IN FAITH, IN PURITY."
Moral of the story: If you consider yourself young, or even if you don't, God has encouragement for you. Don't let peer pressure hinder you from being a true Christian. In many instances, influences to do evil or to be lax in morals or to be indifferent with regards to gaining a deeper knowledge of the prophetic word, emanates from the choice of associates. Break the cords that'd hold you back from a necessary preparation for eternity. Be loving, be pure; stand for principle, study the more sure word of prophecy. The time is short, and the Sunday law crisis is soon in coming which will show whether we were building on the sand or on the solid Rock. Both males and females will have to face the crisis. Jesus will then come to render to every man and woman according as their works shall be. May nothing or no one stop you from getting the necessary preparation for the crisis - a Christlike character, and a deep knowledge of prophetic messages of these last days. God has not changed, He can work for you and with you to be a holy woman fashioned after the divine similitude. And if you allow Him, you will be a living testimony to the power of God to save from sin.
*** This post was written by a good friend of mine who insisted on remaining anonymous. However I would like to thank him for such a profound contribution. The Lord really did speak to me, I am one of those who struggle with prophecy - Daniel and Revelation are not my favourite books but I pray The Lord will see me through this weakness. ***
God Bless Y'all!!!!