Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Choices


Choices are everywhere in this world:

Should I wear white socks, black socks, one of each?
Should I use a pencil or a pen?
Should I practice violin or piano first?
Should I eat an apple or a banana?
Should I use the computer or scratch paper?
Should I run or walk? 

But those choices are trivial compared to the choice constantly presenting itself,

...GOD or Satan? 

Is it really a very hard choice?  We see the results plainly enough; we know where each path leads. So why then do we so often find ourselves excusing a short run down the wrong path just to make sure they haven't changed? We have experience with each; the straight and narrow way is the only one that brings happiness.

So should choosing God be hard?
No! It should be the easiest and happiest thing we have ever done!

But we are in a battle, and it is always a challenge to not give up.
That's why I am so thankful for the help Jesus promises us.


*post exacted from an unknown author*


3 comments:

  1. It's a decision we all must make alone. No one can make it for us.. Oh that I will make the right one always. ~Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. The narrow path takes constant diligence... Thank you for sharing this reminder on the Art of Home-Making Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this. You cannot straddle the fence. Either you choose God or satan. Reminds me of Proverbs 18:21, "Life and death are in the power of the tongue and those who love it eat the fruit thereof." I personally choose life.

    ReplyDelete