Tuesday, 23 September 2014

So excited!



I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but prior to this year, my relationship with my parents was non-existent. When we spoke it was either we are greeting or they are sending me. If I had anything important to tell them I would email or send a text message (in rare cases). Yes, it was that bad and the worst thing is that it had become the norm. Saddening reality! 

Testimony: However, God always has a way to fix things around! After being a stay at home daughter for a few months now, everything has changed. My mom and I are best buddies, we talk about everything and anything. We call each other when she is at work, we have chill time after work, she has replaced google and YouTube as my teacher in the kitchen. I make sure she has baked goodies to look forward to everyday. My dad and I are like brother and sister, that's exactly how we relate to each other. These might seem like little things but they make a big difference in one's life. I have never doubted that my parents loved me but this experience has deepened the love. 

Background: Earlier this year, the plan was I go back to Law School for my postgraduate but things happened so that plan failed. I wept until my tears ran dry, I was so sad to leave my Cape Town friends and family. I had all these suicidal thoughts going on in my mind. I threw tantrums at God until I gave up and fully surrendered to God and sought for his will to be done. Only then did His will start to unveil before my eyes. Everything started to go in place. I learnt that truly, "all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose." 

Moral of the story: If you are going through a dark patch in your life, if you are unsure of what your tomorrow holds, if things aren't going as you would have hoped, don't worry, don't stress, don't throw tantrums at God. He is one being that will never disappoint you no matter what. He always has your best interest at heart. Just surrender to Him and He will show you great things. You might think something is good for you but God knows what's best for you. Trust Him!


3 comments:

  1. Wow that's great about you becoming closer with your parents! Keep pressing on! Just remember "God allows EVERYTHING for a reason." We don't usually see the big picture right away, but by trusting God He gives us glimpses of His plan one piece at a time.

    ReplyDelete