Thursday, 18 September 2014

Thankful Thursday

In this struggling economy, where companies are closing daily and hundreds yea thousands of people are graduating yearly. Getting a job is almost impossible, worse still if you don't have connections. Almost giving up yet continuing in prayer, hoping with a tiny bit of faith that God will eventually come through, has been the case with our family for the past few months. My mom spoke to all the business people she knew, sent out CVs everywhere, signed up with an employment agent, burnt a lot of fueling going from one place to the another. 


All seemed to be in vain until last week when a job interview invitation popped-up. That was no guarantee but we continued in prayer for God's will to be done. Lo and behold earlier this week, a job offer was made but with a condition that during the probationary period their employees MIGHT be required to work on SATURDAY! *what a slam in the face* Hurt but not surprised we all were, as we pondered on the next step. I certainly had no input so I excused myself from the discussion but continued in prayer.  I went on with a heavy heart until I realized that, if the job is really from God, He alone can make a way, where there seems to be no way. 

As we continue in prayer, I would like to wish my older brother ALL THE BEST in his new job. Be the Joseph, be the Daniel, in whatever you find your hands to do. Remembering always that 'your labour is not in vain in the Lord' (1 Corinthians 15:58).

Side-note: I'm so sad that I won't have anyone to poke/annoy and nag to drive me around anymore. No more yelling your name from the other side of the house only to say hie when you answer. Thanks for making the greater part of my stay at home year worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment