Friday, 26 September 2014

When do you want to settle down?


A friend sincerely asked me that question yesterday and I thought to myself, that question is a lil delayed because I wanted to settle down the moment I got my first boyfriend. Yes, that's when I WANTED to but now I know better and I praise God for that. 

It's very easy yea fun, to draw up a plan of when you want to get married, the particulars of your future hubby or wife, the number of children you want to have, etc. However the truth is, God's will, will always prevail, so why not just save yourself the hustle and let him order and provide? The reason many out there are not happily single is because they put themselves in God's place, they set deadlines on when they should be married, on when they should have their first child, they have totally ignored the part God plays in their life. Now when things don't work out the way they would have hoped, they blame God, they throw tantrums at him. I mean is it really God's fault though? God never said ask for anything and I will give you, the bible says "and this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us" ~ {1 John 5:14}. Yes, there is a 'his will' part in that verse, that many of us ignore.

So my response to that question was - "Here is the honest truth, I don't know. I used to stress about it a lot until I realized it's one aspect of my life I have no control over. If it's God's will for me to marry, then it will happen at His own timing. If not, then I'm content with that too. I have learnt to live in the present, I only know my future to the extent that God revealed, what he hasn't doesn't bother me at all."

Moral of the story: Don't plan ahead of God. If you have no control over it, then you have no right to worry and stress about it. Leave to thy God to order and provide. Trust Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment