Monday, 1 December 2014

Modesty: Is your house locked?

Hey Everybody!!!!!

I hope and pray that the Lord is keeping you all in perfect peace as we near the end of the year. 2014 has been a good year with all its ups and downs but I'm grateful, above all, for the gift of life, family and friends. Remember to thank God for his faithfulness in your life :)

Anyway today I thought I should visit my partially abandoned blog and share an analogy on modesty I recently learnt, so here it goes:

"The reason for dressing modestly and decently is similar to the reason for locking a house. We lock our houses to keep people (intruders) out and protect the valuables inside."

Now the questions I want to leave for you to ponder upon are, 'Is your house locked? Are your valuables fully protected?' Are you dressing first for God's GLORY then for BEAUTY? With the way you dress, can people easily tell that you are a CHRISTIAN?


Stay blessed and remain in the Lord!


4 comments:

  1. A great reminder to look at how we dress and who we honour when we dress. I am always talking to my youngest daughter about this and how we should dress modestly and how Dad likes us too. Thanks for sharing at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this reminder at the Art of Home-Making Mondays! Great analogy :) We strive for modesty in our home... Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! FIRST for God's glory THEN for beauty. Miss you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete