Wednesday, 31 December 2014

No Template to Life!

Farewell - 2014! 

If ever there was a year when life just didn't go my way, to the extent that no damage control could turn things around, it was 2014. I started off on a very bad note, I hated being me and I never thought I would actually make it to the end. I had suicidal thoughts at some point, I wanted to just starve myself to death, YES! it was that bad. To make things worse, I vowed I wouldn't share my troubles with anyone, not even my parents, family or friends. I threw tantrums at God, I felt so betrayed and I wasn't willing to accept His will at first. That's when I decided I would start a blog and just write my mind out and God being God, used this very idea to speak to me. The more I shared on the blog, the more I began to accept God's will and understand that whatever God allows to happen in our lives, is always for our good and for His glory. 

As the year progressed, I decided I wouldn't actually make any plans for my life but instead just wait on the Lord, allow him to lead, order and provide, and this was the best decision I have ever made in my life. 

I admit, being home for a year and not having any plans came with it's challenges. I had people asking me 'how school is' or 'when I was going back to school' or 'if I was working somewhere' or 'why I was just sitting on my degree and not actually using it' or 'what plans I had for my life.' I would get frustrated sometimes, it felt as if this wasn't home cause people expected me not to be home. However the answer which always worked with all the questions was that, 'I am waiting on the Lord' and surely I was waiting on the Lord. 

Towards the end of the year, when God had revealed the bigger picture, only then, did I realize why I had to be home this year. In addition to that, I became closer to my family, I met a lot of great people, I made new friends, I restored some broken friendships, I learnt how to cook better and bake. 

Moral of the story: Though the year started with some humbling experiences, overally I can say 2014 was a great year. I really did enjoy myself. The greatest lesson I will carry over to 2015 is that 'there is no template to life.' You can make plans, YES! You can have a 5 paged list worth of New Year's Resolutions with a step by step guide on how you will achieve them BUT bare in mind that God's will, will always prevail and be ready to accept whatever God brings your way. 

Stay faithful!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your year turned around, and this is a good lesson to remember for next time things don't go how we thought they would. Thanks for being a part of Booknificent Thursday this week!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete