Thursday, 1 January 2015

A Spiritual Romance!

Being a book worm that I am, I spent my first day of 2015 cuddled up in bed (since it was raining) while reading a book I got as a present from my mom (God blessed her with such good taste in choosing books).

Anyway so I decided I would share a lil portion that I found most interesting and I belief might be relevant to many youths out there. It was written under the title 'A Spiritual Romance' so here it goes: 

"You're under many pressures - from your friends, workmates, family, society, boyfriend. Pressure to date, pressure to become involved sexually, pressure to marry."

My question is, why marry anyway? Some girls fall in love with their image of being married and don't even seem to care who they wed! But marriage is not the hearts and flowers of greeting cards, nor the chocolates and bouquets of romantic novels, not even the flickering images of the Hollywood stars. In real life marriage is real work! 

"You need to look at the whole question of marriage. What are the plus points? And the minus ones? Those who marry just so they indulge their sexual appetites will find they have much more to contend with! How will you fit in with your husband's plans? How will he fit in with yours? Careers? Babies?"

Moral of the Story: Remember that your love relationship is more than two. God must be there; it must be a 'spiritual romance' (which is not sitting around at night having religious quizzes!). What I am speaking of is the centrality of God to your relationship. Don't leave him out of your decisions, don't shut him out of your life - God wants to be involved in the really important areas. For the person you marry will surely change your life, and it may not be for the better. Don't put yourself into temptation, but look forward to all the glorious things God has prepared for them that love him, both now and forever. 

A fruitful New Year to you all!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm confused about this. Was the book entitled "A Spiritual Romance" or just this section of it? It would be great if you would include the book title and the author so others could read the book as well. Thanks for sharing it at Booknificent Thursday.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete