Monday, 5 January 2015

More than Words!

Being a middle child, a reader and to some extent a writer, I have become so fond of expressing myself through words (in other words, I have become talkative in addition to being loud). Sometimes I literally find myself talking to any object that is there when there aren't any people around, for instance, the pots when I am cooking, my barter when I am baking and the dogs (okay, those are the only things I talk to, I have my reasons though). 

Sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night and fail to get back to sleep, I just grab my phone and send random texts to people. I just pour out my heart, thank the person for the role they have played in my life and I mostly get such beautiful responses (which is not a bad thing, in itself), but I realized I have become so good with words and the danger with that is, "When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise" (Proverbs 19:10). 

My Mom and I
With that having been said, I have decided, by God's grace that, my theme for the year would be 'More than Words'. Instead of saying, I love, I care or I am a friend, I would actually show that I love, I care or be the friend. A song writer wrote 'love is not love until you give it away' and another song says 'it's more than words, it's more than what you say, it's things you do'. More than words, is sometimes, all you have to do to make it real. 

Moral of the story: Let's aim to love like Jesus loved. He did not only say 'I love you' but he showed his love. He left the glories of heaven to come to this wretched world, as if that wasn't enough, he also gave his life for us. He loved us unto death. Oh what manner of love!


No comments:

Post a Comment