Sunday, 15 February 2015

Starting All Over!

God does give second chances.

Rewind - After a few attempts to drop out of school, I completed my pre-law school degree two years ago. Instead of continuing through to law school, I took a gap year, to think things thoroughly and decide what I really wanted to do with my life. At the back of my head, I just wanted to meet bae, get married and flourish away! Hence the many attempts to quit school.

Reflection - Being home for a year made me realize that marriage goes beyond living happily ever after and being a wife means giving away the 'princess' title every girl gets from her dad. It means taking up responsibilities, being there (and always) for your other half, being able to live with another and putting their desires before yours. Importantly, though women are called to be keepers at home, this doesn't imply that they should just laze around and wait for hubby to do everything - this is really what I had in mind when I decided I would be a stay at home mom.

Going Forward - I don't know what my future holds. I have no idea what the Lord has in store for me. I can't see the bigger picture of my life and I don't wish to, until such a time when the Lord decides to reveal it to me. I get scared sometimes, I get anxious, I'm tempted to give up and stop trying BUT one thing that constantly keeps me going is the thought that 'God did not bring me this far to leave me.' 

God has allowed me another opportunity to re-live my life. I never planned it to happen this way. I never anticipated to be where I am right now. I never knew I would fall in love with the idea of being in school (its a first for me) and studying what I have always hoped to study. It all seems like a big dream, but hey with God all things are possible. It really feels like God has given me a second chance to life, like I am starting all over again. 

Happily in Law School!


2 comments:

  1. Glad your chosen 'gap year' helped you realise you like school. Otherwise these next years would be torture. Praying for you. May you follow the Lamb whithersoever He goeth. May they see Christ in you and may no guile be found in your mouth as you lead others to Him. May you be a true missionary-known and read by men and angels. God be with you with your future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to here this! Indeed with God all things are possible! Wishing you! :)

    ReplyDelete