Saturday, 29 August 2015

How to Stop sinning?

Background: There are many times when I purposed in my heart to stay away from particular sins. I would make commitments to follow Jesus and allow him to order my life and provide according to his riches in heaven. But a few days, yea weeks after that, I would be back to where I started or even worse than I was. And I have always wondered if it is possible to have total victory over sin.

This morning the Lord answered me in four words - LOVE MAKES IT EASY!

We are loyal to what we love. If we love sin more than God, then we will be loyal to that sin. Therefore the only reason we keep sinning is because we don't love God enough to abide in him fully.

1 John 3:6 says - "Whoever abides in him [God] does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen him nor known him."

Moral of the Story: My prayer is for nothing less than for you to LOVE Jesus more!

No comments:

Post a Comment