Friday, 21 August 2015

Why I Love Funerals?

Death is a horrible thing, but funerals can be a blessing. The Bible tells us in Ecclesiastes 7:2 that,

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of everyone, the living should take this to heart."

One of the moments that bring transformation in our lives is when we realise the bravity of life - when we understand that life is not forever. When this happens, one is faced with two options; either to end their life immediately because it is hopeless or to make the best out of it.

Life is short, but we can make that life long by investing in the lives of others. That way, even when we are gone, our names will remain on the lips of many - he passed by and he blessed me! Your life continues to be a blessing even when you are dead.


When you know life is short, you tend to be careful how you spend it. We should always ask ourselves two questions,

1. What have I done not to be dead?
2. What difference am I going to make?

Moral of the Story: Our prayer should be - Teach me to know that life is short and as you do that, help me understand how I can live.






1 comment:

  1. I agree. Funerals, like good books, really make us think. Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete