Friday, 11 September 2015

Does God care How I dress on Sabbath?

Having been born into a Seventh Day Adventist family, there are certain things that are imposed on you, without having been explained. Worst still, in my case, I could be a 3rd or 4th generation Adventist, meaning my parents were simply not in the position to explain some things that were also imposed on them.

One of those things is that, I had to change into a dress or skirt before going to church. However upon reflection, I thought it was hypocrisy! My reasoning was that, if God can see me wearing pants the whole week, what is the point of changing how I dress, now that I am going to church. In my understanding, it was as if, I would be changing to please people and not God.

The Lord then led me to a passage in the book Testimonies to the Church - Volume 6 - Page 355 - by Ellen White which says;

"Many need instruction as to how they should appear in the assembly for worship on the Sabbath. They are not to enter the presence of God in the common clothing worn during the week. All should have a special Sabbath suit, to be worn when attending service in God's house. While we should NOT conform to worldly fashions, we are not to be indifferent in regard to our outward appearance."


Moral of the Story: The children of God should be pure WITHIN and WITHOUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment