Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Visiting Other Churches...#LearningCurve!

Today after my Law of Contract test (which shockingly went well), I decided I would tag along to a prayer meeting with my friends.

When we got to the meeting, the people were singing with so much love in their voices. It was a simple song, that I have heard a couple of times before, but today it sounded different. The meaning was just too deep.

Then it was prayer time, everyone was praying individually. The prayers were heart felt. They were praying with such zeal and passion. My heart was just smiling the whole time. When the prayer meeting ended, I didn't need to be asked to come again, I just found myself saying "I want to come again."


Moral of the Story: Once we realise that we (Christians), are in this world as representatives of Christ, everything that we do will testify of God's goodness. The way we sing, the way we pray, will draw many to Christ.

6 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful blog, and I like your "Moral of the Story" each time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. May the good Lord continue to bless you :)

      Delete
  2. Reminds me of Col.3:16
    Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

    So beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Such a powerful reminder and verse. Thanks for sharing Twi :)

      Delete
  3. I love the morale of this story. Someone once told that we shouldn't allow our denominations and believes to stand in the way of our enjoying fellowship when we come together as believers.

    Thank you Miss Nontie for joining us at #EncourageMeLinkup I hope to see you next week.
    Are you on twitter? Please let me have your twitter handle.

    Blessings to you my Sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Grace, I totally agree with what you said there. Thanks for sharing :)

      (Sidenote: about twitter, I hardly ever visit my account *sad_face*)

      Delete