Sunday, 18 October 2015

Book Review: Alone In The Crowd

I just finished a great book, "ALONE IN THE CROWD" by Joe Crews. 


Background: I was feeling emotionally overwhelmed when I started reading the book. I literally decided to read the book so that I could escape from my emotions. What I leant from that experience was that "a little reading is all the therapy a person needs sometimes." Below are some highlights of the book: 

"Have you ever been in the mood not to pray, or not to read your Bible? Of course you have. So have I. Should we yield to that feeling? Listen, prayer is the breath of the soul just as oxygen is the breath of the body. Our mood not to pray and study is a signal that we had better make ourselves do it quickly because our spiritual life is being threatened. That is the time to force ourselves into the closet, onto our knees, and as we pray, the spiritual desires begin to return. Very soon prayer is restored as a joyful, fulfilling privilege. But unless we break the hypnotic spell of Satan's "feeling” trap by acting against his point of contact, we are placed in great spiritual jeopardy. The truth is that we must act or be acted upon."

Moral of the Story: "We cannot measure what is right and wrong by our subjective feelings or by what the majority are doing. Our stone of standing must be the Word of God. Regardless of the crowd, regardless of our moods or feelings, regardless of the way people treat us, we must choose to order our lives on the basis of divine principle. Like Paul we say, "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me. And the life I now live, I live by the faith of him who loved me, and gave himself for me” (Gal. 2:20)."

I read the book online and for free. CLICK HERE for the link to the book. The book is just too DEEP and I recommend it to all of you.

I hope you will be revived and reformed by God's grace :)



No comments:

Post a Comment