Saturday, 21 November 2015

Conversations with my Dad

I love talking to my dad. Every time I talk to him via Email or Whatsapp, my spirit is uplifted. Even the simplest conversation will leave me glowing. (He just has that effect on me.) He is more than just a dad, he is a friend. When your dad makes it to your friendship circle then that is special.

I know I can talk to him about anything and everything. He is always willing to advise based on his own experience. (Yes, even guy issues!) I have grown to trust him to the extent that, before I make any important decisions I always seek his counsel. Sometimes when I pray, I even ask God to answer me through my dad. (And he always does!)

I have also noticed that, if lets say Person X tells me to do something, many a time, I will find a good reason not to BUT if my dad advises me to do the same thing, chances are, I will definitely do it, maybe not immediately but eventually. (This has taught me that, for me to be able to obey God’s word, I should first love him.)

Moral of the Story: The reason for all this is simple. It is all because I know my him, I love him and I have established a trust relationship with him. In like manner, God is calling us to take time to know him. It's only after knowing someone that we can be able to love and trust them. God wants to be our friend. He wants us to be able to talk to him about anything and everything. He is always willing and ready to advise us through his word, only if we let him. (My prayer is for nothing less than for you to love Jesus more!)


No comments:

Post a Comment