Wednesday, 18 November 2015

I have a friend #1

I have a friend - Zvikomborero Murwira

This lady has been nothing short of a blessing to me. (Her first name actually means blessings - the irony!) She is that type of person that you know if you are close to her, then your spiritual graph is bound to go up (by beholding you become changed).

When I first interacted with her, I felt so much love. You know when you just know that this person loves you? That's exactly how I felt with her. Because of that love, I was inclined to also give out the same love (only by love is love awakened).

She has touched my life in many ways. The way she loves Jesus, motivates me daily. She is just one of those friends that I know have my best interest at heart. She is that person that you know, if she can't assist you personally, she is definitely talking to Jesus about it.

She has been a direct answer to my unsaid prayers. Some days when I felt like not going to church, she would randomly call telling me that we’re meeting outside in 5 minutes to go to church. (In my head I would just say - Really God? You just had to!) Those days when I am feeling low, she would randomly send a relevant word of encouragement. Just yesterday (17 Nov 2015), she randomly called me to share a verse in Matthew which talks about not worrying about tomorrow and leaving all cares to Jesus. (This was at a time when I was wondering if I will survive the coming exams on the 18th, 19th and 20th of November.) When you have a friend like her, there is definitely no room to doubt God’s existence.

Moral of the Story: Your friends have the power to influence you for good or for ill. Sometimes your journey heavenward is hanging on your friendship circle. The journey is not meant to be easy, but it can be lightened by the right choice of close associates. (Question - Are you honouring God in your choice of associates?)

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to have friends like this! I love that God shows His love for us through godly friends.

    God bless

    I'm visiting form the 'Soul Survivor' link-up. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up at Mondays @ Soul Survival. Hope you are having a blessed Thanksgiving week-end.

    ReplyDelete