Thursday, 2 February 2017

Is God ready to help?

As I was doing my morning devotion, I came across these two quotations that really touched my heart. They reminded me that God is ready and willing to bless us, but we don't seek him for help, guidance or protection. We regard God as a "Last Minute God". We go to him when we have no other option, when He could have been our first point of call. 

The extracts below are from a devotional book - THE UPWARD LOOK by Ellen White;

He who is meek in spirit, he who is purest and most childlike, will be made strong for the battle. He who feels his weakness, and wrestles with God as did Jacob, and like this servant of old cries, “I will not let thee go, except thou bless me,” will go forth with the fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit. His influence will be a positive force in favor of the religion of Christ.... – {The Upward Look 46.5}

Our God is a very present help in time of need. He is acquainted with the most secret thoughts of our hearts, with all the intents and purposes of our souls. When we are in perplexity, even before we open to Him our distresses, He is making arrangements for our deliverance. – {The Upward Look 46.6}

May we be encouraged to seek the Lord's help. Even a simple "God please fix it" will do wonders. 




No comments:

Post a Comment